These Terms and Conditions are subject to English law. We will try to resolve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you wish to take court proceedings, you must do so in the United Kingdom.
Terms & Conditions
- To register an account on this site you must be aged eighteen or over.
- You must ensure that the details you provide during registration or at any other time are correct.
- When you register an account on this website, you will be asked to provide a password. You should keep this password confidential and not disclose it or share it with anyone.
- You will be held responsible for all activities and orders that occur or are submitted under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us as soon as possible.
Product Descriptions and Prices
- We have taken care to describe and show products as accurately as possible. Despite this, products may vary from their descriptions. If there is anything that you do not understand, or if you wish to obtain further information please contact us before ordering.
- If for any reason beyond our reasonable control we are unable to supply a particular product, we will not be liable to you except to ensure that you are not charged for that product.
- The price offered in respect of a product on the this web-site may differ from the price offered at the same time in our Thomas The Baker shops.
- All prices are expressed inclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated.
- The price of a product does not include the delivery charge, which will depend on the delivery method you choose and will be added during checkout.
- Payment for your products will be taken at the time your place your order.
- During the payment process you will be redirected to ‘Page 360 Payment Gateway’ your credit/debit card details will be securely encrypted on his web page using 128bit encryption. Once your transaction has been completed you will be redirected back to our website.
Account Suspension or Closure
- We reserve the right to suspend or close your account immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You will not be able to order products on this web-site if your account is suspended or closed.
- We use a courier to deliver your parcel. Please note that a signature is required on delivery of the parcel. If there is no-one available to receive the delivery, a card will be left by the delivery company, a second attempt will be made to deliver the parcel the next working day. Contact details are on the card should you wish to contact the delivery company.
- If for circumstances beyond our reasonable control we are unable to deliver your order, we will contact you via the contact details you have provided at least 24 hours before the delivery is due to make alternative arrangements.
- You will receive an email reminder the day before delivery to advise that your parcel is due to be delivered.
- If a parcel is returned to us because there have been a number of failed attempted deliveries, we will offer to resend the parcel but there will be an additional charge for the postage and new packaging should it be required.
- Please note that it is not the fault or responsibility of Thomas Of York Ltd if the recipient is not in to receive and sign for the parcel.
- You should inspect the goods when you receive them for damage. If you find any damage you must tell us within 48 hours of receipt of the goods. We will then confirm how to proceed with the issue.
- We reserve the right to either resupply the goods or give a full refund. If we elect to provide replacement goods we will be deemed to have complied with our obligations under the contract and no claim can arise out of your rejection of the original goods.
- This website is owned and operated by Thomas Of York Ltd, trading under the name Thomas The Baker. Registered Office - St Aelreds, Gilling East, York YO62 4HR. Registered in England No 752911, Vat Registration No 332 3285 80. Directors : S Simpson, N Ridley, GJ Thomas, SP Thomas, VCL Thomas, J Thomas (chairman).
- You will receive an email reminder the day before delivery to advise that your goods are ready for collection. Please bring this email with you as proof of identity for collection. Your goods will be available for collection from 10:00am onwards and should be collected before 4:00pm on your chosen date and from your nominated shop. Regrettably, should you fail to collect your goods on that day, due to the fresh nature of the products, we are unable to make refunds as the products have a short shelf life.
- If you are unable to collect your goods on the agreed date, please contact us at the nominated shop before 4:00pm on the day of collection, we will hold you order in the shop until 4:00 the following day for collection (excluding Sundays and Bank Holidays). After this time the goods will be disposed of.